Why is Health and Safety important in the workplace?
Health and safety in the workplace is not only required by law, but it is also part of your duty as an employer, ensuring that your staff can work without the risk of being injured. The importance of health and safety extends to customers, contractors, the general public, and anyone who comes into contact with your business daily.
Some industries are considered to be riskier than others, however, it is imperative that all businesses have comprehensive health and safety practices in place. This helps to ensure that employees do not have to put up with unnecessarily dangerous conditions while going about their work.
What is the purpose of Health and Safety Procedures?
Running a business takes up a lot of time and this unfortunately means that health and safety can often be forgotten about. However, if an accident happens at work and you end up appearing in court, saying you were ‘too busy’ will not be an acceptable defence.
In addition to the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, there are multiple additional regulations that apply to all businesses. These regulations give the employer a range of duties to prevent and reduce the risk of injury or accident in the workplace.
In 2019/20, an estimated 38.8 million working days were lost due to workplace injury or illness in Britain. Consequently, this has a massive financial impact on businesses and even their reputation in the long run. While dealing with health and safety can seem an inconvenience, it is an essential part of ensuring that your business continues to survive and thrive.
Benefits of using H&S Consultants for your business
Using professional H&S services helps to take away the worry about health and safety in the workplace, so you can focus on running your business.
Benefits of using H&S consultants:
- Minimise risk of accidents by introducing processes to control hazards
- Lower employee absence and turnover rate
- Reduction in costs e.g. sick pay or court cases
- Reduces threat of legal action or investigation from an enforcement authority
- Boosted reputation for taking care of employees and customers
- Enhanced productivity among employees
Complete the free Health and Safety Risk Report from AHR Consultants to find out how compliant your company currently is. You will then receive a fully tailored report, highlighting any potential concerns and recommendations. You can also check out our top H&S FAQs, or call us on 0345 076 2288 if you have any further questions.
What Health and Safety Services do AHR Consultants offer?
AHR Consultants are leading providers of health and safety services for businesses in all industries. We provide comprehensive yet cost-effective H&S retainer packages, alongside a wide range of consultancy services, with each one tailored to suit your specific needs.
H&S services include:
- Health and Safety Retainer Packages – choose a retainer package to suit your needs and budget, including access to our online portal with 100+ policies, procedures, risk assessments, and forms
- Health and Safety Consultancy – get the support you need for any H&S or occupational health issue, including competent person provision, compliance audits, and fire risk assessments
- Covid-19 Workplace Management System – minimise the risk of Coronavirus exposure in your workplace and improve your defensibility
- H&S Resources – a suite of free health and safety resources put together by our experts, including webinars on key topics and Q&As to help you with compliance
- Health and Safety Training – courses such as Fire Safety, Manual Handling, Legionella Awareness and IOSH Leading/Managing Safely. Each course can be delivered face-to-face, remotely, and online
We offer a full range of health and safety services which can be tailored to your needs and budget. If you are looking for specialist support for health and safety compliance in the workplace, call AHR Consultants on 0345 076 2288 or drop us an email.