Every business is legally required to manage health and safety, whether you work in a factory, office, building site, care home, or elsewhere.
In 2020/21 alone, the Health and Safety Executive issued £26.9million in fines following prosecutions for H&S breaches. Achieving compliance can be treacherous terrain for employers, which is why our team of expert H&S consultants are here to help.
Maybe there’s been an accident at work and you don’t know what to do next, or perhaps you’re just unsure about how to write a safety policy. Whatever your worry, our H&S consultancy services can support you, helping you to identify potential issues and ensure they are rectified across your company.
What H&S Consultancy Services do we offer?
While we always recommend exploring our comprehensive retainer packages for H&S, engaging us for a H&S consultancy project is a great option if you’re looking for ad-hoc or additional support.
A small number of projects undertaken by our consultants include:
- Competent person provision (a legal requirement)
- A comprehensive onsite health & safety audit and inspection covering all aspects of property, workplace activity and fire safety arrangements. A full written report and action plan will be produced, and we will work with you to resolve any issues with additional onsite support
- Onsite fire risk assessments to legislative standard with written report and action plan to ensure full compliance
- Review and updating of all policies, procedures and risk assessments.
- Preparation of training matrix with training delivered face-to-face at your premises, remotely, or completed online depending on the requirement
- Onsite consultancy days to resolve any issues and ensure ongoing compliance
- Immediate expert legal advice, assistance and representation for health and safety incidents and interventions including investigations and prosecutions
- Fire evacuation planning including fire warden training
- Implementation and management of ISO 9001, 14001 and 45001 management systems
In addition, we also offer the following occupational health and hygiene services:
- Pre-employment screening – determine whether an employee is medically fit for a job
- Statutory surveillance for noise, hand arm vibration, respiratory and skin – a medical examination legally required for employees exposed to hazardous substances
- Occupational health assessment
- Telephone assessments
- Indoor air quality assessment
- Workplace noise assessment
- Legionella risk assessment – identify risk factors in a facility and determine interventions for controlling risks of Legionnaires’ disease
- Asbestos risk assessment – examine potential risks and identify precautions to minimise asbestos exposure
- DSEAR assessments – identifying, assessing, and controlling safety risks that can lead to fires, explosions, and metal corrosion by hazardous substances
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) – a confidential counselling service offered to employees to support their well-being
How do we deliver H&S Consultancy Services?
At AHR Consultants, we take the stress out of health and safety by giving you access to our team of experts. By giving you peace of mind in this area, you can focus on doing what you do best, which is running your business.
Whether you need a H&S audit to assess your situation, or the provision of a fire risk assessment for your premises, we have you covered with our extensive range of H&S consultancy services.
When required, one of our H&S consultants will visit your site, producing a follow-up report which includes guidance for preventative measures.
When it comes to health and safety incidents, you are guilty until you can prove your innocence, so having written records of your compliance is absolutely essential.
Why choose us for H&S Consultancy Support?
Allow AHR Consultants to become the frontline defence for your business and reduce the stress, time, and worry of health and safety.
Since 2007, we have seen our team grow into a cohort with over 100 years combined experience, working tirelessly to provide safety services and training to businesses across the UK.
When engaging with employers on consultancy matters, our H&S team ensures:
- A professional approach through our investment in highly qualified and experienced people
- A commitment to working closely with you and to add value to your business
- We do what we say, when we say it
- We are open and honest in all our dealings with you
- We adopt a client centred approach that delivers excellent retention rates
If you would to know more about how we can help your business, call us today on 0345 076 2288 or complete the form below.