The importance of mental health awareness cannot be underestimated, especially within an organisational setting. To ensure that this remains high on the employee welfare agenda, the presence of a fully trained Mental Health First Aider in the workplace is highly recommended.
This two-day course is designed to increase the delegate’s knowledge of mental health and their confidence towards it. By attending, they will be encouraged to notice the key indicators of somebody experiencing a mental health problem, which is backed up by the ability to provide mental health first aid and support.
Upon completion of training, delegates will receive a certificate to confirm their qualification as a Mental Health First Aider. They will also have access to a mental health first aid manual, which contains useful information for best practice in the workplace.
When embracing the subject of mental wellbeing, businesses are more likely to see an increase in the productivity of their employees, whilst creating an open culture that breeds positive attitudes.
- Understand the principles of first aid for mental health
- Recognise the key signs of ill mental health in self and others
- Be able to effectively support mental wellbeing in an organisational setting
- Understand how to promote a wellness culture in the workplace and the benefits of doing so
- Appreciate the importance of resilience and self-care for Mental Health First Aiders
Who will benefit?
- Line managers and team leaders
- People managers
- Experienced managers in need of a refresher
- Anyone wanting to qualify as a Mental Health First Aider
- Businesses looking to promote an open culture of mental wellbeing
- Why mental health first aid?
- Exploring your understanding of modern culture
- What is mental health?
- Stigma and discrimination
- Mental health problems, violence and the criminal justice system
- ALGEE – the actions for mental health first aid
- Eating disorders
- Anxiety disorders
- Impact of trauma
- Alcohol and substance misuse
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
Dates and location
Due to the nature of this course it is most effective when delivered in-house. Contact us for more information.
In-house training costs on application.