The annual performance appraisal meeting is still a dreaded experience for many managers and employees alike.
Global insight organisation Willis Towers Watson’s research reported that over half (56%) of companies say that managers lack necessary skills and time to manage performance well.
You might be surprised by the number of clients who grade employees as good/ competent when they need further development. They then wonder why they
get grievances raised when they finally start to address under performance at work.
This course will provide you with understanding of what appraisals aim to achieve and to give you some practical advice and tools to do the job well.
This course is CPD certified.
Who will benefit
This course is designed for managers who conduct appraisals.
- Purpose and benefit of appraisals
- Preparing for appraisals and problem areas
- Structure, performance assessment and setting SMART objectives
This is a half day course.
Dates and location
All our courses can be delivered on your premises at a date and time to suit you. Alternatively you can attend one of the following open courses. As this is a half day course it has been coupled with Induction and Probation or Capability Management to provide a comprehensive full day of training.
- Thursday 31 January 2019 (Induction and Probation)
- Thursday 11 April 2019 (Capability Management)
- Thursday 29 August 2019 (Induction and Probation)
- Thursday 12 December 2019 (Induction and Probation)
These courses are held at our Rugby office:
Suite 5 Bloxam Court
Phone: 0345 076 2288
£175 + VAT per delegate. In-house training costs on application.