Absence is a major frustration for all employers but it is inevitable that people become unwell. Managing attendance is not about punishing people for being ill, it’s about being proactive in addressing attendance issues head on and setting up a framework of expectations. This enables employees to understand what is expected of them in terms of attendance and the implications of not achieving those standards.
This Attendance Management course covers how to deal with frequent short-term and long-term absences linking into a potentially fair dismissal for both conduct and capability.
We explore the challenges of stress being a factor in some cases, as well as giving you practical tools to use to effectively manage attendance in the workplace.
This course is CPD certified.
- Understand the many reasons for absence and appreciate the impact these have on work and your team
- Be able to analyse attendance patterns and identify underlying causes of absence
- Know how to conduct a return to work interview
- Understand how to use triggers for formal attendance management procedures
- Know about the risks and issues associated with attendance management
- Be able to undertake a compliant long-term absence from work process to result in a potentially fair dismissal
Who will benefit?
- First line managers and team leaders
- Newly appointed people managers
- Experienced managers in need of a refresher
- Managers currently facing an attendance challenge within their team
- Frustrations and notification process
- Certification and return to work interviews
- Addressing excessive short-term absences and patterns
- Attendance reviews and formal action
- Adjustments and alternatives for supporting disability at work
Attendance Management is a full day course, starting at 9:30 am and finish at 4:00 pm. Lunch and refreshments are provided, if you have any dietary requirements please let us know upon booking.
Dates and location
All our courses can be delivered on your premises at a date and time to suit you. Alternatively, register your interest below to be made aware of the new open courses when they become available.
These courses are held at our Rugby office:
Suite 5 Bloxam Court
Phone: 0345 076 2288
This course costs £219+ VAT per delegate. If you are considering attending multiple courses or sending multiple delegates, you might want to consider purchasing Training Credits which can save you up to 40%. In-house training costs on application.
Register your interest
Please complete the form below, call 0345 076 2288 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.