Performance can drop for many reasons. One of the key questions you need to answer before starting any formal management procedure is whether under performance is because the employee ‘can’t do’ their job, or they ‘won’t do’ it.
The first is a question of skill, the latter is a matter of will.
This Capability Management course focuses on the former and supports managers in building an effective performance management process including how to address under performance informally in the first instance and creating the foundation of the formal process.
This course is CPD certified.
- Understand the benefits of managing capability at work
- Know the difference between conduct and capability concerns
- Be able to implement robust performance improvement plans
- Know how to set SMART objectives
- Understand the risks and issues associated with formal performance management processes
- Be able to undertake a fair and legally compliant capability management process resulting in a potentially fair dismissal
Who will benefit?
- First line managers and team leaders
- Newly appointed people managers
- Experienced managers in need of a refresher
- Managers currently facing a performance management challenge within their team
- What is capability management?
- The roles and responsibilities of managers
- Setting objectives and monitoring performance
- Giving constructive feedback
- Dealing with and improving poor performance
- Legal implications of not following best practice
- The formal performance management process
Capability Management is a half day course.
Dates and location
All our courses can be delivered on your premises at a date and time to suit you. Alternatively, you can attend one of the following open courses. As this is a half day course it has been coupled with Performance Appraisals to provide a comprehensive full day of training.
- Wednesday 29 April 2020
- Thursday 15 October 2020
These courses are held at our Rugby office:
Suite 5 Bloxam Court
Phone: 0345 076 2288
This course costs £219+ VAT per delegate. If you are considering attending multiple courses or sending multiple delegates, you might want to consider purchasing Training Credits which can save you up to 40%. In-house training costs on application.