No one likes being ‘told off’ and no one enjoys doing the telling, well most people don’t in our experience.
Managers have a responsibility to ensure that they address difficult and challenging conversations within teams in a prompt and effective manner.
From personality clashes to personal problems, this course helps you identify when you need to have difficult conversations and gives practical tools to help do it right.
Drawing on delegate’s personal experiences and giving time to prep from real life scenarios, we support you to tackle difficult conversation with confidence.
This course is CPD certified.
- Understand the value of having difficult conversations
- Know what conversations may be difficult and why
- Be able to plan out how you want your difficult conversation to go
- Know the range of outcomes available to you following a difficult conversation
- Understand how your difficult conversations are integral to your people management strategy and feed into formal management procedures
Who will benefit?
- First line managers and team leaders
- Newly appointed people managers
- Experienced managers in need of a refresher
- Managers currently facing difficult conversations with their teams
- Who is responsible, and what is the process?
- Preparation, having the conversations, and how to follow-up
- Basic communication skills and the four-step process
Difficult Conversations is a half day course.
Dates and location
All our courses can be delivered on your premises at a date and time to suit you. Alternatively, you can attend one of the following open courses. As this is a half day course it has been coupled with Managing Equality and Discrimination to provide a comprehensive full day of training.
- Tuesday 21 January 2020
- Tuesday 7 July 2020
These courses are held at our Rugby office:
Suite 5 Bloxam Court
Phone: 0345 076 2288
This course costs £219+ VAT per delegate. If you are considering attending multiple courses or sending multiple delegates, you might want to consider purchasing Training Credits which can save you up to 40%. In-house training costs on application.