There is a legal framework within which you must work when managing a formal disciplinary process, and this course helps you do just that.
This isn’t a court of law, and you don’t need proof beyond a reasonable doubt. What you do need is to present a reasonable case to an employee for them to understand your concerns about their conduct and to respond to the company’s position.
We give you a real-life case to review and decide whether you would take it to a formal hearing, as well as real-life tribunal case summaries to decide whether you think those dismissal decisions were fair.
This course is CPD certified.
- Know the importance of undertaking a fair and compliant disciplinary procedure
- Understand what should happen prior to invoking the formal disciplinary procedure
- Know what a fair disciplinary procedure is, what your company policy should be, and what your employees’ rights are under it
- Understand the risks and issues associated with formal disciplinary procedures
- Know how to conduct the disciplinary hearing
- Understand what tricks employees may use to frustrate the disciplinary process and how to respond to them
- Be able to make fair decisions when deciding what the outcome to a formal disciplinary hearing should be and the range of options available
Who will benefit?
- First line managers and team leaders
- Newly appointed people managers
- Experienced managers in need of a refresher
- Managers responsible for chairing hearings
- Anyone who has attended our Managing Investigation training
- Why we manage conduct
- Conduct vs capability
- The manager’s and chairperson’s responsibilities
- Risks/issues and dealing with them effectively
- Informal/formal procedure
- The hearing, stages and outcomes
- What is gross misconduct
- Short service procedure
- Case law and top tips
Managing Disciplinary Procedures is a full day course, starting at 9:30 am and finish at 4:00 pm. Lunch and refreshments are provided, if you have any dietary requirements please let us know upon booking.
Dates and location
All our courses can be delivered on your premises at a date and time to suit you. Alternatively, you can attend one of the following open courses:
- Wednesday 3 June 2020
- Tuesday 1 December 2020
These courses are held at our Rugby office:
Suite 5 Bloxam Court
Phone: 0345 076 2288
This course costs £219+ VAT per delegate. If you are considering attending multiple courses or sending multiple delegates, you might want to consider purchasing Training Credits which can save you up to 40%. In-house training costs on application.