As a requirement of the Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations, all places of work must provide adequate equipment, facilities, and people to ensure they can react appropriately to injury or illness. The individual meaning of this is dependent upon the outcome of a business’ risk assessment, which outlines whether they need a First Aider, Emergency First Aider, or Appointed Person in the workplace.
This one-day course offers a combination of practical and theoretical learning, allowing delegates to develop the necessary skills to react to workplace emergencies. Consequently, they will be recognised as an Emergency First Aider, meaning the requirement for this in the risk assessment can be fulfilled.
With an interactive approach, this course encourages a confident application of knowledge in real-life situations, equipping Emergency First Aiders with the ability to respond to potentially-life threatening incidents. Once awarded, the Emergency First Aider qualification lasts for three years, after which it is recommended that the course is retaken.
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of an Emergency First Aider in the workplace
- Know how to safely assess an emergency incident and action an effective response
- Be able to perform CPR and AED correctly
- Know how to administer first aid to a choking casualty
- Understand the recovery position and how it is applied to a casualty
- Be able to effectively deal with shocks, burns, scalds, bleeds, and other injuries
Who will benefit?
- First line managers and team leaders
- Anyone wanting to qualify as an Emergency First Aider
- Previously qualified Emergency First Aiders or those whose certificate has expired
- Businesses looking to provide adequate Emergency First Aid support to their employees, as identified on their risk assessment
- The roles and responsibilities of an Emergency First Aider
- Assessing an emergency situation safely
- CPR and AED
- Administering first aid to a choking casualty
- Putting a casualty in the recovery position
- Dealing with shock, burns, scalds, bleeds and other injuries
Dates and location
Due to the nature of this course it is most effective when delivered in-house. Contact us for more information.
In-house training costs on application.