A workplace injury or illness is always the responsibility of the employer, regardless of whether it occurs as a direct consequence of any work being completed. This is reinforced by the Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations, which specify that adequate equipment, facilities and people should be available to employees in the event of an incident.
This three-day course features practical and theoretical guidance on how to maintain good practice in the safe, prompt, and effective treatment of injuries and ill health in the workplace. From the perspective of the Health and Safety Executive (HSE), completion of this training allows delegates to be recognised as a First Aider, satisfying any risk assessment requirements that may have been identified.
By adopting a hands-on format, this course encourages a confident application of knowledge in real-life situations, equipping First Aiders with the ability to respond to serious incidents. Once awarded, the First Aider qualification is valid for three years, after which it is recommended that the course is retaken.
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of a First Aider in the workplace
- Know how to safely assess an incident and action an effective response
- Be able to perform CPR and AED correctly
- Know how to administer first aid to a choking casualty
- Understand the recovery position and how it is applied to a casualty
- Be able to effectively deal with shocks, burns, scalds, bleeds, and other injuries
Who will benefit?
- First line managers and team leaders
- Anyone wanting to qualify as a First Aider
- Previously qualified First Aiders or those whose certificate has expired
- Businesses looking to provide adequate First Aid support to their employees, as identified on their risk assessment
- The roles and responsibilities of a First Aider
- Assessing an incident safely
- CPR and AED
- Administering first aid to a choking casualty
- Putting a casualty in the recovery position
- Dealing with shock, burns, scalds, bleeds and other injuries
Dates and location
Due to the nature of this course it is most effective when delivered in-house. Contact us for more information.
In-house training costs on application.