First Aid training ensures that your employees can act quickly when a colleague suffers an injury or illness. It gives them the confidence to make decisions that help the injured party to recover or get the help they require.
After providing First Aid training, your workplace becomes safer and the risk of an accident, illness, or serious incident is reduced.
Ensuring that you have enough trained First Aiders across your workplace can make a real difference to the safety culture of your organisation. As well as providing extra safety within your workplace, first aid certification is a core skill that can benefit the career development of your employees.
Our First Aid at Work training course can be delivered on your premises, helping to equip your team with the skills, knowledge, and confidence required to deal with incidents.
A workplace injury or illness is always the responsibility of the employer, regardless of whether it occurs as a direct consequence of any work being completed. This is reinforced by the Health and Safety (First Aid) Regulations which specify that adequate equipment, facilities and people should be available to employees in the event of an incident.
This three-day course features practical and theoretical guidance on how to maintain good practice in the safe, prompt, and effective treatment of injuries and ill-health in the workplace. From the perspective of the Health and Safety Executive (HSE), completion of this training allows delegates to be recognised as a First Aider, satisfying any risk assessment requirements that may have been identified.
By adopting a hands-on format, this course encourages a confident application of knowledge in real-life situations, equipping First Aiders with the ability to respond to serious incidents. Once awarded, the First Aider qualification is valid for three years, after which it is recommended that the course is retaken.
- Understand the roles and responsibilities of a First Aider in the workplace
- Know how to safely assess an incident and action an effective response
- Be able to perform CPR and AED correctly
- Know how to administer first aid to a choking casualty
- Understand the recovery position and how it is applied to a casualty
- Be able to effectively deal with shocks, burns, scalds, bleeds, and other injuries
Who will benefit?
- First-line managers and team leaders
- Anyone wanting to qualify as a First Aider
- Previously qualified First Aiders or those whose certificate has expired
- Businesses looking to provide adequate First Aid support to their employees, as identified on their risk assessment
- The roles and responsibilities of a First Aider
- Assessing an incident safely
- CPR and AED
- Administering first aid to a choking casualty
- Putting a casualty in the recovery position
- Dealing with shock, burns, scalds, bleeds and other injuries
Dates and location
Due to the nature of this course, it is most effective when delivered in-house. Contact us for more information.
In-house training costs on application.