To avoid serious health incidents, it is the duty of employers and those responsible for controlling a building to manage the risk of legionella exposure. This is also a requirement for compliance with health and safety law, and various precautionary measures are recommended to achieve comprehensive protection. Legionella awareness training can help with the safe control of hygiene, in any environment where a water system is present.
By completing this half day course, delegates will develop an in-depth understanding of legionella bacteria and the risks associated with being exposed to it. There is also a significant focus on the requirements for risk management, as we provide useful guidance on how to interpret legislation and implement measures effectively.
Overall, the session aims to provide protection for duty-holders and the health of anybody that uses their premises. To ensure that newly developed knowledge is reflected in these environments, we highlight the key policies and documentation that must be present for safe hygiene management.
- Understand legionella bacteria and the health risks that come with exposure
- Be aware of the legislation surrounding legionella and how this impacts an environment
- Be able to recognise the need for action and precautionary measures
- Know how to implement precautionary measures effectively
- Become confident with the safe management of water hygiene
- Understand the policies and documentation required for compliance
Who will benefit?
- Duty-holders within a business or those responsible for building control
- Employers or building owners who are unsure whether legionella is a risk to their premises
- What is legionella and where can it be found?
- What are the health effects of legionella exposure?
- The legal requirement for water hygiene management
- How to manage the risk of legionella effectively
- Policies and documentation for hygiene management
Dates and location
This course can be delivered on your premises at a date and time to suit you.
It is also available as an Open Training Course, coupled with Fire Safety. These sessions start at 9:30am and finish at 4:00pm. The next available dates can be found below.
- Wednesday 14 September 2022
The open course is held at our Rugby office:
Suite 5 Bloxam Court
Phone: 0345 076 2288
In-house training costs are available on application.
Open Training costs £219+ VAT per delegate. If you are considering attending multiple courses or sending multiple delegates, you might want to consider purchasing Training Credits which can save you up to 40%. In-house training costs on application.