Due to the moral and financial implications of a workplace accident, the implementation of health and safety policies should be well-placed on any employer’s agenda. Managers and directors play an essential role in this process, with their attitudes and actions having a direct impact upon safety culture amongst employees. If these policies are communicated effectively, businesses can expect to see improvements to productivity and morale, whilst avoiding the costs associated with poor safety awareness.
This one-day course aims to equip those in senior roles with the theoretical and practical knowledge required to enhance safety culture in the workplace. The session includes guidance on assessing risk and ensuring that findings are accurately reflected in the overall strategy of the business. We also provide insight on the application of safety management systems and outline techniques to assist with the communication of policies across business levels.
Upon completion of the course, delegates can expect to develop a purposeful understanding of the responsibilities they hold in promoting health and safety at work. As a result, they can begin to drive positive change where necessary within their organisation, leading a concerted effort towards accident prevention.
- Become aware of the health and safety responsibilities that are attached to senior roles
- Understand the importance of a positive health and safety culture
- Develop knowledge of effective strategies and management systems for workplace safety
- Understand how to assess risk and formulate policies based upon findings
- Become confident in communicating health and safety arrangements across business levels
Who will benefit?
- Directors and senior managers
- Businesses looking to promote a positive health and safety culture
- Why is health and safety management important?
- How can those in senior roles have a positive impact upon safety culture?
- Managerial strategies and systems for workplace safety
- Assessing risk and preventing accidents
- Methods for effective communication and continuous improvement
Dates and location
This course can be delivered on your premises at a date and time to suit you.
It is also available as an Open Training Course, starting at 9:30am and finishing at 4:00pm. The next available dates can be found below.
- Wednesday 5 October 2022
The open course is held at our Rugby office:
Suite 5 Bloxam Court
Phone: 0345 076 2288
In-house training costs are available on application.
Open Training costs £219+ VAT per delegate. If you are considering attending multiple courses or sending multiple delegates, you might want to consider purchasing Training Credits which can save you up to 40%. In-house training costs on application.