To avoid facing significant physical and financial costs, it is essential that all necessary employees are adequately trained to perform manual handling in their workplace. It is a legal requirement for employers to safeguard the health and safety of their people, and this should be reflected in the processes that they carry out every day.
By completing this course, delegates will enhance their knowledge of techniques for safe manual handling, whilst developing confidence in their ability to apply them within their place of work. This session also pays close attention to the duties of both the employer and employee, which encourages those in attendance to understand the importance of protecting themselves and those around them.
Manual handling training helps to ensure that everyone in the workplace is protected from the risk of a lifting injury. In doing this, we strive to establish peace of mind when it comes to meeting the legal requirements that are associated with this. To maximise the relevance of the session, all content can be adapted to the specific needs of an organisation.
- Understand the injuries and costs associated with improper manual handling
- Develop knowledge of the legal requirements for safe manual handling
- Understand the various techniques available for performing safe manual handling
- Become confident in applying safe manual handling techniques at work
- Be aware of the roles assigned to employees and employers in workplace safety
Who will benefit?
- First line managers, supervisors, or team leaders with responsibility for manual processes
- Any employee that is expected to perform manual handling
- What is manual handling?
- The injuries, costs, and risks that can arise from improper techniques
- The legal requirements
- The roles of the employee and employer
- Best practice and techniques for safe manual handling
- The importance of risk assessments
Dates and location
Due to the nature of this course it is most effective when delivered in-house. Contact us for more information.
In-house training costs on application.