As part of their duty of care, all employers should make a dedicated effort to minimise the possibility of violence, abuse, or harassment in the workplace. Unfortunately for some organisations, these incidents are not uncommon, leading to injury, stress, and low morale amongst employees. If these issues are not dealt with correctly, businesses are likely to suffer from a high turnover of staff and a poor reputation.
This one-day course aims to give delegates the knowledge and confidence to react to situations of conflict effectively, without jeopardising the safety of themselves or those around them. After engaging in training for this area, employees will be well equipped to defuse conflict, helping them to avoid the dangerous and costly escalation of potential issues in the future.
By adopting a theoretical approach, this course encourages delegates to actively consider risks in their working environment and develop an in-depth understanding of the legislative implications of conflict.
- Understand what may be deemed a situation of conflict in the context of a specific workplace
- Develop knowledge of the laws surrounding conflict at work and explore how this affects an attempt to resolve it
- Be able to recognise any potential areas of conflict in the workplace
- Become confident in managing a situation of conflict professionally and effectively
- Understand how to maintain personal safety when facing conflict
Who will benefit?
- Line managers and team leaders
- People managers
- Businesses operating in a customer-facing, sensitive or highly interactive environment
- What is conflict resolution and what does it mean in the workplace?
- The legislative implications of conflict at work
- Identifying and assessing the risk of conflict at work
- Best practice for handling a situation of conflict
- Personal safety and how to maintain it
Dates and location
Due to the nature of this course it is most effective when delivered in-house. Contact us for more information.
In-house training costs on application.