By nature, all places of work will present unique risks to the individuals operating within them. Whilst the degree of severity attached to these risks can vary significantly, it is a legal requirement for all UK employers to complete a suitable and sufficient risk assessment. Although most businesses will have an existing risk assessment in place, this does not guarantee that they are compliant.
Our course aims to give delegates a thorough understanding of the elements involved in assessing risk, with bespoke guidance on how to apply this within their own place of work. When developing this understanding, we outline the direct legal and physical implications of an improper assessment, allowing individuals to recognise the value of an accurate approach. Upon completion of training, delegates can expect to be confident in their ability to produce a risk assessment that ticks all boxes for compliance.
To ensure maximum engagement, this course includes interactive group exercises that can be tailored to the specific circumstances of an organisation. These exercises are supported by theoretical models that are ready for use in the workplace, covering processes such as hazard identification and risk evaluation.
- Understand the steps involved in completing a suitable and sufficient risk assessment
- Develop knowledge of the laws surrounding risk assessments and why they are essential
- Be aware of the best techniques for ensuring accuracy when assessing risk
- Be confident with risk assessment documentation
- Be able to produce evidence of a compliant risk assessment for a specific organisation
Who will benefit?
- Line managers and team leaders
- Supervisors and those with responsibility for the safety of employees
- How to complete a suitable and sufficient risk assessment
- The legal requirement for assessing risk
- The implications of an improper risk assessment
- Best practice for an accurate and consistent approach to assessing risk
- Risk assessment documentation
Dates and location
This course can be delivered on your premises at a date and time to suit you.
It is also available as an Open Training Course, coupled with Manual Handling. These sessions start at 9:30am and finish at 4:00pm. The next available dates can be found below.
- Wednesday 2 November 2022
The open course is held at our Rugby office:
Suite 5 Bloxam Court
Phone: 0345 076 2288
In-house training costs are available on application.
Open Training costs £219+ VAT per delegate. If you are considering attending multiple courses or sending multiple delegates, you might want to consider purchasing Training Credits which can save you up to 40%. In-house training costs on application.
How to book
H&S Risk Assessment Support
All workplaces have risks attached to them, with the severity of this dependent upon individual circumstances. As an employer, it is important that you minimise risk in the workplace to maintain the health, safety, and continued productivity of your employees.
Risks may include physical hazards (from high noise levels or heavy lifting), equipment hazards (from poor processes or faults), fire hazards and chemical hazards (from contact with dangerous substances).
Risk assessment processes and procedures are required by law to protect your employees, customers, and anyone else that interacts with your business.
The Management of Health and Safety at Work Regulations states you must:
- Identify injury and illness hazards present in your business
- Decide on the risk level for hazards (how likely someone could be harmed and how seriously)
- Take action to eliminate the hazard and control the risk
Why Risk Assessment Support is important for businesses
Risk assessments are an important part of any health and safety plan. As your company grows, so does the level of risk and your responsibility to keep everyone safe. AHR Consultants provide complete risk assessment support, ensuring that your business stays compliant under any circumstance.
Benefits of risk assessment support include:
- Reduced risk of injury in the workplace
- Awareness and control of hazards in your business
- Training and risk awareness for your employees
- Improved risk management standards
- Peace of mind for you as a business owner, knowing that your business has appropriate risk assessments
- Reduced expense from potential claims and fines
- More available time to work on other business areas
Manage health, safety and risk at work with AHR Consultants
Accidents or injuries at work can result in expensive claims and ultimately damage the reputation of your business. AHR Consultants have a vast experience of supporting businesses from all sectors, helping them to implement the measures required for safety and compliance.
Has one of your employees had an accident at work and you are not sure what to do next? Is your business growing and you need guidance to manage health and safety risks? Whatever your situation, we can help.
Our health and safety packages include:
- Competent person provision (a legal requirement)
- An onsite health and safety audit and inspection covering all aspects of property, workplace activity, and fire safety
- Onsite fire risk assessments completed to legislative standards
- Reviews and updates of all policies, procedures, and risk assessments
- Safety raining delivered onsite or remotely
- Onsite consultancy days to help identify and resolve any potential issues
- Immediate access to expert legal advice when needed (T&Cs apply)
- Fire strategy planning
- Additional health and safety support including asbestos and legionella management, health surveillance and occupational hygiene