Prior to addressing conduct and capability issues with employees, it is essential that you have undertaken a thorough and robust investigation into the matters of concern.
You cannot present a case to an employee without first having explored all the circumstances surrounding the alleged misconduct/poor performance for them to be able to respond to the company’s position.
This course takes you through a real-life case from start to finish and gives you practical skills to be able to undertake thorough investigations. It will enable you to decide what the next steps are in fairly managing conduct and capability challenges as well as potentially fair and legally compliant dismissals.
This course is CPD certified.
- Be able to recognise when you need to undertake investigations in the workplace
- Understand how to scope out an investigation and know what constitutes as evidence
- Be able to interview witnesses
- Understand when to invoke paid suspension of employees subject to investigation
- Know how to approach anonymous evidence
- Be able to present your findings in an appropriate format
Who will benefit?
- First line managers and team leaders
- Newly appointed people managers
- Experienced managers in need of a refresher
- Company investigators, H&S representatives, and anyone who may undertake investigations at work
- Grievance and appeal chairpersons
- Anyone who has attended our Managing Grievances or Capability Management training
- Principles of fair and thorough investigations
- To suspend or not to suspend?
- Selecting the investigator, and their essential skills
- Evidence, timescales, witnesses and the question of anonymity
Managing Investigations is a full day course, starting at 9:30 am and finish at 4:00 pm. Lunch and refreshments are provided, if you have any dietary requirements please let us know upon booking.
Dates and location
All our courses can be delivered on your premises at a date and time to suit you. Alternatively, you can attend one of the following open courses:
- Thursday 26 November 2020
These courses are held at our Rugby office:
Suite 5 Bloxam Court
Phone: 0345 076 2288
This course costs £219+ VAT per delegate. If you are considering attending multiple courses or sending multiple delegates, you might want to consider purchasing Training Credits which can save you up to 40%. In-house training costs on application.