Global insight organisation Willis Towers Watson reported that 56% of companies say that their managers lack the necessary skills and time to manage performance well.
You might be surprised by the number of clients who grade employees as good/competent when they need further development. They then wonder why they get grievances raised when they finally start to address under performance at work.
This course will provide you with an understanding of what performance appraisals aim to achieve and gives you some practical advice and tools to do the job well.
We will also look at how you can implement this with new starters and the importance of effective probation period management.
This course is CPD certified.
- Understand the value of the performance appraisal
- Understand the importance of managing an initial probationary period
- Know how it fits in with your people management strategy and feeds into your formal capability management process
- Understand what motivates your people at work
- Be able to set SMART objectives for your team
- Be able to give constructive feedback and assess competence
- Know how to prepare for the appraisal meeting and get the most out of it for both parties
Who will benefit
- First line managers and team leaders
- Newly appointed people managers
- Experienced managers in need of a refresher
- Managers who undertake performance appraisals
- Probation management
- Purpose and benefit of appraisals
- Preparing for appraisals and problem areas
- Structure, performance assessment and setting
- SMART objectives
Performance Appraisals is a half day course.
“Carol explained different scenarios in a way I could understand and compare to my own experience’s.”
Dates and location
Our next Open Training Dates for this course can be found below. As this is a half day course it has been coupled with Capability Management to provide a comprehensive full day of training, starting at 9:30am and finishing at 4:00pm.
- Wednesday 26 October 2022
These courses are held at our Rugby office:
Suite 5 Bloxam Court
Phone: 0345 076 2288
All our courses can also be delivered on your premises at a date and time to suit you.
This course costs £219+ VAT per delegate. If you are considering attending multiple courses or sending multiple delegates, you might want to consider purchasing Training Credits which can save you up to 40%. In-house training costs on application.