There is a legal framework within which you must work when managing a formal disciplinary process, and this course helps you do just that.
This isn’t a court of law, and you don’t need proof beyond a reasonable doubt. What you do need is to present a reasonable case to an employee for them to understand your concerns about their conduct and to respond to the company’s position.
We give you a real-life case to review and decide whether you would take it to a formal hearing, as well as real-life tribunal case summaries to decide whether you think those dismissal decisions were fair.
This course is CPD certified.
- Know the importance of undertaking a fair and compliant disciplinary procedure
- Understand what should happen prior to invoking the formal disciplinary procedure
- Know what a fair disciplinary procedure is, what your company policy should be, and what your employees’ rights are under it
- Understand the risks and issues associated with formal disciplinary procedures
- Know how to conduct the disciplinary hearing
- Understand what tricks employees may use to frustrate the disciplinary process and how to respond to them
- Be able to make fair decisions when deciding what the outcome to a formal disciplinary hearing should be and the range of options available
Who will benefit?
- First line managers and team leaders
- Newly appointed people managers
- Experienced managers in need of a refresher
- Managers responsible for chairing hearings
- Anyone who has attended our Managing Investigation training
- Why we manage conduct
- Conduct vs capability
- The manager’s and chairperson’s responsibilities
- Risks/issues and dealing with them effectively
- Informal/formal procedure
- The hearing, stages and outcomes
- What is gross misconduct
- Short service procedure
- Case law and top tips
Managing Disciplinary Procedures is a full day course, starting at 9:30 am and finish at 4:00 pm. Lunch and refreshments are provided, if you have any dietary requirements please let us know upon booking.
Dates and location
All our courses can be delivered on your premises at a date and time to suit you. Alternatively, register your interest below to be made aware of the new open courses when they become available.
These courses are held at our Rugby office:
Suite 5 Bloxam Court
Phone: 0345 076 2288
This course costs £219+ VAT per delegate. If you are considering attending multiple courses or sending multiple delegates, you might want to consider purchasing Training Credits which can save you up to 40%. In-house training costs on application.
Register your interest
Please complete the form below, call 0345 076 2288 or email email@example.com.