The modern workplace is highly diverse. With cultural trends and world events constantly changing, it is essential for organisations to make sure their people understand the risks and issues associated with equality and discrimination at work.
Even with a sound policy on equality and discrimination, you can still be at risk of claims based on what your employees say and do to each other.
By training your people you might be able to divert liability onto the individual if a claim goes to tribunal.
A plain-speaking, practical course using real-life examples of cases and workplace blunders to inform your employees of the equality and discrimination challenges in today’s diverse workplace.
This course is CPD certified.
- Know the protected characteristics defined in the Equality Act 2010
- Understand how they may be accused of harassing or discriminating against colleagues with protected characteristics
- Know what their potential liability might be if they harass or discriminate against a colleague with a protected characteristic
- Understand what they say/do outside of work, or on social media, may still put their employment at risk
Who will benefit?
- New employees to your team
- Employees who may benefit from a refresher
- Teams where there have been equality or discrimination concerns
- Any organisation who wishes to rely on the statutory defence against claims brought under the Equality Act 2010
- If you are looking to provide manager level training in this area, check out our Managing Equality and Discrimination course
- Protected characteristics
- Real-life case studies
- What the law says
- Appreciating and mitigating tasks
Dates and location
Due to the nature of this course it is most effective when attended by multiple team members and therefore it is only available as an in-house training course. Contact us for more information.
In-house training costs on application.