This course is presented live so it is a virtual classroom, rather than simply a webinar or clicking through online content. During the course you will be able to ask questions and contribute to the session. This encourages individual participation and enhances your learning experience.
- Know the protected characteristics defined in the Equality Act 2010
- Understand how people may harass or discriminate against colleagues with protected characteristics
- Know what the risks and issues are when people complain about equality and discrimination at work
- Understand the value of having difficult conversations
- Know what conversations may be difficult and why
- Be able to plan out how you want your difficult conversation to go
- Know the range of outcomes available to you following a difficult conversation
Who will benefit?
- First line managers and team leaders
- Newly appointed people managers
- Experienced managers in need of a refresher
- Managers facing equality or discrimination concerns within their teams
- Protected characteristics
- Real-life case studies
- What the law says
- Protecting the business
- Who is responsible, and what is the process?
- Preparation, having the conversations, and how to follow-up
- Basic communication skills
This course is split into three sessions of 90 minutes per session.
It will be presented live by one of our experienced HR Consultants so you will be able to ask questions and receive instant feedback. This is a virtual classroom where interaction is encouraged.
The course fee is £175+ VAT per delegate, subject to a minimum of 5 delegates attending. This total fee includes all three sessions.
Register your interest
Please complete the form below, call 0345 076 2288 or email email@example.com.