The modern workplace is highly diverse. With cultural trends and world events constantly changing, it is essential for organisations and managers to keep on top of the latest best practice and legal pitfalls of harassment and discrimination at work.
Did you know that someone doesn’t even have to be working for you to raise a discrimination claim against your organisation?
Even with a sound policy on equality and discrimination, you can still be at risk of claims based on what your managers and employees say and do to each other. This course is a key element to giving you a legal defence against these claims.
A plain-speaking, practical course using real-life examples of cases and workplace blunders that will help you manage equality and discrimination challenges in today’s diverse workplace.
This course is CPD certified.
- Know the protected characteristics defined in the Equality Act 2010
- Understand how people may harass or discriminate against colleagues with protected characteristics
- Be able to assess whether a policy, or working practice, may discriminate against someone with a protected characteristic
- Understand your obligations under the Equality Act 2010 when managing people
- Know what the risks and issues are when people complain about equality and discrimination at work
Who will benefit?
- First line managers and team leaders
- Newly appointed people managers
- Experienced managers in need of a refresher
- Managers facing equality or discrimination concerns within their teams
- Protected characteristics
- Real-life case studies
- What the law says
- Protecting the business
- Appreciating and mitigating tasks
Equality and Discrimination is a half day course.
Dates and location
All our courses can be delivered on your premises at a date and time to suit you. Alternatively, register your interest below to be made aware of the new open courses when they become available.
These courses are held at our Rugby office:
Suite 5 Bloxam Court
Phone: 0345 076 2288
This course costs £219+ VAT per delegate. If you are considering attending multiple courses or sending multiple delegates, you might want to consider purchasing Training Credits which can save you up to 40%. In-house training costs on application.