As managers, you must take employee complaints seriously, but they aren’t always as easy to recognise as you think.
Believe it or not, an aggrieved employee may not put their complaints in writing neatly headed up ‘Grievance’. Yet, as employers, you need to be able to recognise and resolve employee complaints in compliance with your grievance policies and the ACAS code of practice.
This course explores the various ways that employees raise their complaints and gives you the confidence to manage grievances correctly through to what should be a positive resolution.
We also explore where grievances are not actually grievances at all and how to ensure you are signposting your teams to the correct process to address their concerns.
This course is CPD certified.
- Know what constitutes a grievance, and what does not
- Understand the value of early informal resolution of disputes
- Know your responsibilities as a line manager/grievance chairperson
- Understand the formal grievance procedure
- Be able to mitigate the risks/issues associated with grievance complaints and disclosures under the Equality and Public Interest Disclosure Acts
Who will benefit?
- First line managers and team leaders
- Newly appointed people managers
- Experienced managers in need of a refresher
- Managers who chair grievance hearings and undertake grievance investigations
- Anyone who is attending our Managing Investigations training
- What is a grievance?
- Informal and formal, including grievances in resignations
- Chairperson skills and tips for successful meetings
- Further investigations, outcomes and appeals
Managing Grievances is a half day course.
“Really liked how informed the trainer was – felt very personal and not just a trainer reading from notes. Trainer had a lot of useful and practical examples to explain points raised in the training.“
Dates and location
Our next Open Training Dates for this course can be found below. As this is a half day course it has been coupled with Conflict Management to provide a comprehensive full day of training.
- Wednesday 22 June 2022
- Thursday 8 December 2022
These courses are held at our Rugby office:
Suite 5 Bloxam Court
Phone: 0345 076 2288
All our courses can also be delivered on your premises at a date and time to suit you.
This course costs £219+ VAT per delegate. If you are considering attending multiple courses or sending multiple delegates, you might want to consider purchasing Training Credits which can save you up to 40%. In-house training costs on application.