Communication is the overriding element to good management. We look at some of the barriers to communication, the importance of it and provides some fundamental skills and tactics to enable managers to do their job well.
This course also looks at management vs leadership and the qualities of a good leader, touching on different management styles and their uses.
A good manager recognises that they can’t do everything themselves so delegation is key for their teams’ development. It is also essential that the manager focuses on their tasks effectively.
Following a decision making exercise, delegates will be aware of the key steps in the decision making process and will know how to apply this in their own situation.
This course is CPD certified.
- Understand the difference between leadership and management
- Know what constitutes effective communication, and have the skills to maximise your effectiveness
- Be able to recognise your management style, and use others to suit the circumstances
- Understand the value of sound decision making, time management and delegation
- Have a range of techniques to help you effectively manage your people at work
- Know how to set SMART objectives
Who will benefit?
- First line managers and team leaders
- Newly appointed people managers
- Experienced managers in need of a refresher
- Management styles and motivation
- Communication and team roles
- Prioritising, planning and time management
- Decision making and delegation
- Goal setting and coaching
Management Essentials is a full day course, starting at 9:30 am and finish at 4:00 pm. Lunch and refreshments are provided, if you have any dietary requirements please let us know upon booking.
Dates and location
All our courses can be delivered on your premises at a date and time to suit you. Alternatively, you can attend one of the following open courses:
- Thursday 20 August 2020
These courses are held at our Rugby office:
Suite 5 Bloxam Court
Phone: 0345 076 2288
This course costs £219+ VAT per delegate. If you are considering attending multiple courses or sending multiple delegates, you might want to consider purchasing Training Credits which can save you up to 40%. In-house training costs on application.
Overall course content
Overall clarity of presenter
Structure of Course
Value for Money
Based on delegate feedback in 2020.