Coaching is one of the most effective methods of enhancing performance. It involves adopting a specific approach and mind-set that is designed to help people develop their skills by learning on the job. A good coach leads highly productive teams who are keen to learn new skills and as a result deliver great results for their organisations.
This Coaching Skills for Managers course will provide an introduction to the theory and practice of coaching with practical tools to take away and put into practice immediately.
- Understand models of coaching and be able to identify how and when to use them to enhance your leadership style
- Understand the barriers to coaching and how to overcome them
- Understand and experience the impact of asking powerful questions
- Know how to give effective feedback in a way that encourages positive change
- Have practiced the skills of coaching and identified what you can do to develop a coaching style which meets personal and organisational needs
- Coaching as a leadership style
- Skills of coaching
- Models of coaching
- Powerful questions
- Skills practice
Who will benefit?
- First line managers and team leaders
- Newly appointed people managers
- Experienced managers in need of a refresher
- Anyone who wants to improve their skills in developing others, whether they manage them or not
Coaching Skills for Managers is a full day course, starting at 9:30 am and finish at 4:00 pm. Lunch and refreshments are provided, if you have any dietary requirements please let us know upon booking.
Dates and location
All our courses can also be delivered on your premises at a date and time to suit you.
This session is also available as an Open Course at our Rugby office:
Suite 5 Bloxam Court
Phone: 0345 076 2288
This course costs £219+ VAT per delegate. If you are considering attending multiple courses or sending multiple delegates, you might want to consider purchasing Training Credits which can save you up to 40%. In-house training costs on application.