Your people are your most important resource so getting the right people is essential. Recruitment can be one of the most time consuming and costly tasks of running a business.
But, how do you assess if someone is right for your organisation?
We start from the very beginning in this course, defining your requirements, and take you all the way through to the legal requirements of making an offer of employment and the risks and issues of rejecting candidates.
From there we look at the benefits of having a clear, detailed and effective induction process, essential in making sure that your new recruit feels welcome.
This course is CPD certified.
- Know when to start recruiting and how to assess your recruitment needs
- Be able to design a job and person specification and use that to create a successful job advert
- Understand how to assess candidates at first sift as well as through interview and selection activities
- Know the risks associated with recruitment and selection activities
- Be able to make an offer and know your legal obligations when recruiting people into your team
- Be able to implement a robust induction programme for new starters
Who will benefit?
- First line managers and team leaders
- Newly appointed people managers
- Experienced managers in need of a refresher
- Managers undertaking recruitment and selection activities
- People who are looking to recruit their first employee
- Attracting candidates and your employer USP
- Sifting applications and assessment methods
- Interview preparation and questioning techniques
- Common blunders
- Genuine occupational requirements
- First impressions and the learning curve
- Core aims of induction and the essentials
Recruitment and Selection is a full day course, starting at 9:30 am and finish at 4:00 pm. Lunch and refreshments are provided, if you have any dietary requirements please let us know upon booking.
Dates and location
All our courses can be delivered on your premises at a date and time to suit you. Alternatively, you can attend one of the following open courses:
- Thursday 26 March 2020
- Thursday 17 September 2020
These courses are held at our Rugby office:
Suite 5 Bloxam Court
Phone: 0345 076 2288
This course costs £219+ VAT per delegate. If you are considering attending multiple courses or sending multiple delegates, you might want to consider purchasing Training Credits which can save you up to 40%. In-house training costs on application.