This course is designed to give you the skills and confidence to be able to reassess your organisational structure and the roles you need going forward. It will then show you how to formulate a proposal of changes and create the supporting business reasons.
It will be presented live so it is a virtual classroom, rather than simply a webinar or clicking through online content. During the course you will be able to ask questions and contribute to the session. This encourages individual participation and enhances your learning experience.
- Know how to put together a cogent and reasoned proposal to make changes in line with HR best practice and employment law requirements
- Be able to support your proposal with an evidence based rationale
- Know how to pick the appropriate changes for your business and follow a fair and non-discriminatory method of implementation
- Understand how to reduce the risk of successful employment tribunal claims against your business
Who will benefit?
Anyone who is involved in reassessing and implementing change including managers, directors and business owners.
- Preparing the business case – evidence, considerations and presentation
- Changing terms and conditions of employment:
- Contractual principles
- Changing specific terms
- Implications of changes without agreement or consultation
- Getting the process right – step by step
- Risks, including potential claims
- Methods of mitigating them
- Process, meetings and letters
- Restructures and redundancy
- Is there a situation that gives rise to redundancy?
- What will be the reason for dismissal? Redundancy or some other substantial reason (SOSR)
- The importance of the difference between SOSR and redundancy
- Considering a pool of selection
- Selection criteria, matrix vs interview, what to use, when and how
- Collective vs individual consultation
- Process – meetings, letters
This course is split into three sessions of 90 minutes per session.
It will be presented live by one of our experienced HR Consultants so you will be able to ask questions and receive instant feedback. This is a virtual classroom, unlike a webinar or an independent online training/learning course.
Session One – 23 June at 10am
Session Two – 24 June at 10am
Session Three – 25 June at 10am
The course fee is £175 + VAT which includes all three sessions and the Respond, Reassess and Recover Toolkit worth £49.